Since becoming PM 10 months ago, Japan's Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi has been imitating her good friend Donald Trump by taking to social media to share her thoughts, feelings, insights, and, yes, brain farts with the general public.
From this the voters have learned many things—perhaps too many—including the fact that she gets by on only three hours of sleep a night!
But no one was quite ready for the PM's emotional account of how she reacted to a cockroach that infiltrated her heavily guarded official residence and was then removed by staff.
Sharing an anecdote on Twitter, Takaichi said she had been visited by a cockroach but had not killed it because she believed it could have been part of a long cycle of reincarnation.
More than that, when the insect was later exterminated, she admitted to feeling "a little lonely, or maybe sad”!!!
Yes, Japan's sleep-deprived leader is so lonely that she gets emotionally upset because an insect that disgusts most normal Japanese people had been eliminated by her staff.
In the post Takaichi said:
"I’ve written about the official residence, so I’ll also answer some of the questions I often get. ‘Have you already met the ghosts that are said to appear in the official residence?’ I’ve never encountered a ghost, but until recently I was the one screaming when I came across cockroaches. Even after moving to the official residence, I carefully wiped down the floor under the dining table, put food scraps in a sturdy lidded garbage can, and washed and sorted plastic containers, so I was shocked when, one day, a cockroach suddenly scurried past my feet."
However, Takaichi had been taught to respect all life, even roaches, by the popular manga Firebird by Osamu Tezuka:
"I’ve loved Osamu Tezuka’s Firebird since I was a child and have read it over and over many times. Firebird depicts the idea of reincarnation, that life is connected, changing forms, and it had a huge impact on me even as a child. Maybe because of that, even now as an adult, I can’t bring myself to kill insects, cockroaches included. For the cockroach that ran through the official residence, I thought things like, ‘maybe this life is also part of that long cycle of reincarnation,’ and for a while, I endured it, hoping it would somehow leave on its own – but when I told my secretaries about it, they were appalled. ‘It’s unclean. I’ll handle it,’ one of the secretaries said firmly, and arranged for Operation Combat [a reference to a popular Japanese cockroach killer]. After that, the cockroaches stopped appearing. I felt relieved, but also a little lonely, or maybe sad."


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment. All comments are moderated.